The Adam Library
THE ENTRANCE HALL APPEALThe Friends have promised to fund the refurbishment of the Entrance Hall. The Appeal ends on 30th November.
If you would like to give towards this great project you can do so by using the PayPal button on the Membership page.
KENWOOD CONCERTS GOOD NEWS!
The Summer concerts are returning to Kenwood on the weekends of 23 and 30 August 2013. To see the concert programme and to book go to http://www.livebythelake.co.uk/ Some North London postcodes are offered a discount. Check on the above website.
The next lecture is on
Sunday, 19 May
REMBRANDT AND THE CRYING BOY
Dr Martin Royalton-Kisch
at 10.30 in the Old Kitchen
Kenwood and its beautiful grounds adjoining Hampstead Heath, was bequeathed to the nation in 1927 by the Earl of Iveagh. This outstanding neoclassical house holds one of the most important collections of paintings ever given to the nation. Works by Rembrandt, Vermeer, Turner, Reynolds and Gainsborough all hang against a backdrop of sumptuous rooms, including the richly decorated library; one of Robert Adam's masterpieces. The landscaped grounds and lake are enjoyed by thousands of visitors every year and form the backdrop to films, open air concerts, plays and other events.
The Friends of the Iveagh Bequest, more well-known as the Friends of Kenwood, was formed in 1979. Our purpose is:
"to inspire visitors of today and tomorrow to promote and preserve the special qualities of Kenwood House, its collection and estate"Our Aims
To achieve the above,our specific aims are to:
- Provide a forum and voice for friends and supporters, and act as advocate for the Kenwood estate and the terms of the Iveagh Bequest
- Support English Heritage in their management of the Kenwood estate
- Provide for members a range of social, educational, and fundraising activities, publications and events
- Stimulate public interest in, and care of, the beauty, history and character of Kenwood, and ensure that this character is maintained
- Raise funds for acquisitions, conservation work and other relevant projects or activities related to Kenwood
- Encourage high standards in, and appropriate development of, all areas of activity at Kenwood, including architecture, planning, estate management, conservation, and the visitor experience.
We are looking for someone to edit and produce our two newsletters which are posted in May and November. The present editor uses the basic Microsoft word document application so advanced desktop publishing skills are not needed. If you are a confident computer user why not contact the Friends to find out more. Please write to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Friends would like to thank the following for supporting us as Corporate Benefactors:
- Aberdeen Asset Management Plc is a global investment management group, managing assets for both institutional and retail clients from offices around the world
- Pentland Group plc manufacturing business owning some of the world's leading brands